MICO UNIVERSITY COLLEGE
is registered by the University Council of Jamaica ( UCJ ) to provide teacher education at the graduate degree level. It should be noted that this programme is approved by the University Council of Jamaica ( UCJ ).
The Mico School of Graduate Studies has a mandate to make dynamic contributions to the academic landscape by producing highly skilled educators, leadership personnel, policymakers and problem solvers.
Collaborating with the Institute of Technological and Educational Research (ITER), the School of Graduate Studies seeks to promote and coordinate a quality enterprise that offers graduate, advanced graduate and professional programmes of study, conduct research and provide service to the public in accordance with our mission.
Currently, the School offers four (4) Graduate Programmes:
- The Master of Arts in Teaching (MAT)
- The Executive Masters in Educational Management (EMEM) (some courses are taught by The Mona School of Business)
- Master of Special Education
- M.Sc Counselling & Social Work
Tuition & Fees
Tuition is charged per credit with rates subject to change annually. Compulsory University fees are added for miscellaneous items. Students are required to make payments in full, but a payment plan is usually available from the Accounts Department. The current fee per credit is $16,000.00 and students are expected to pursue a minimum of 9 credits per semester.
- Must have at least a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution and may be a: -Trained graduate – degree with teacher training or -Pre-trained graduate- degree without teacher training
- Official Transcripts from all previously attended Colleges and Universities.
- Two letters of recommendation: one from an administrator or other personnel who can attest to the applicant’s performance and attitude to work.
- Any other qualifications that may be considered appropriate by the University College Admissions Board.
- Current Employment record.
- Written one page paper of intent and statement on ‘What it means to be a Leader in an Organization, in this Era.’
The application is an important part of the University’s record and should be completed carefully and accurately. Incomplete application forms may result in refusal.
Applicants should complete admission application, including a non-refundable application fee of JA$700.00 made payable to The Mico University College. Application forms are available online or at the Students’ Affairs Office.
Deadline for submission: Contact The Graduate School of Education.
این مدرسه این برنامه ها را ارائه می نماید: