Each year, Oxford welcomes talented students, at both undergraduate and graduate level, from all over the globe. Our students are attracted by the chance to study at an internationally-renowned university, with outstanding academic achievement and innovation.
- Oxford's teaching and research is consistently in the top rank nationally and internationally, and is at the forefront of medical, scientific and technological achievement.
- The University has excellent facilities and resources for learning in its world-famous libraries, laboratories and museums.
- Students come to Oxford from 140 different countries and territories.
- Oxford's collegiate system fosters a sense of community between tutors and students, and among students themselves.
- Students have the opportunity to learn alongside leading researchers in their field.
- Oxford has strong links with research institutions, business, and industry, both in the United Kingdom and overseas.
- TheOxfordOpportunity Bursaries is one of the most generous bursary schemes for UK undergraduates.The scheme ensures that no home student should be deterred from applying to Oxford for financial reasons. In its first three months of operation (October–December 2006) almost 700 bursaries worth nearly £2 million were awarded to students.
Undergraduate courses offer students the chance to study their chosen field in depth, while a range of options allows for a wide spread of special interests. Oxford offers undergraduates a unique learning experience through the tutorial system, in which students meet regularly with their college tutor, either on a one-to-one basis or with one or two other students.
Our programmes of study aim to make students think logically, laterally and independently. Thirty colleges and all six permanent private halls admit undergraduates and all colleges accept men and women. All colleges accept applications from mature students, and, in addition, Harris Manchester College is solely for mature students who wish to read for an Oxford degree.
Graduate students are a valued part of the University, and make up around a third of the total student body. The University offers a wide range of taught graduate and research degrees, ranging from one to three or more years. Green Templeton, Linacre, Nuffield, St Antony's, St Cross and Wolfson admit only graduate students, as does Kellogg, which supports the lifelong learning work of the University for adult, part-time, and professional development students.
International students play an integral role in the University, providing intellectual stimulation as well as creating and maintaining academic links with colleagues abroad. Around a third of our student body comes from outside the United Kingdom, and a range of scholarships offer support for international students. Each year several hundred such students are supported by scholarships funded fully or in part by benefactors and the University, including schemes such as the Clarendon Fund Scholarships, Rhodes Scholarships and Weidenfeld Scholarships.
Oxford's teaching and research staff is made up of scholars from around the world. As one of the leading international universities, Oxford also collaborates with over 80 research institutions worldwide, including establishments in the Far East, India, South Africa, the USA and Latin America. It also has a small number of formal collaborative agreements with overseas institutions, including Princeton University, Kyoto University, Australian National University and Peking University. In addition, Oxford is a member of the International Alliance of Research Universities (IARU) and of the League of European Research Universities (LERU).
Lifelong learning opportunities are taken up by thousands of people each year through the University. Our Department for Continuing Education enrols more than 15,000 students annually on over 600 short and part-time courses. Students can study in Oxford, in the region or online, for pleasure and/or for an Oxford qualification. Courses on offer include evening and weekend classes, residential courses and summer schools, undergraduate and graduate level qualification, professional development programmes, and courses delivered via the Internet.
این مدرسه این برنامه ها را ارائه می نماید: